Wednesday 14 November 2012

The ways to wear challenge - The case of the missing dress

I have signed up to Gemma's Ways to Wear Challenge, which gives bloggers an outfit theme and then asks us to interpret it in our own way..

This month's theme was the Little Black Dress (LBD), a classic look.

While I have some black dresses already in my wardrobe, I had been bidding on  a New Look black shirt dress via ebay. I already have a denim shirt dress from there, although I've sewn the sucker up to stop random and unexpected poppers popping (which can be a little off putting).

Anyway, perfect I thought, new black dress for a new challenge. I got it, sewed up the buttons in the same way and early one morning threw it on and sailed off to work.

At the bus stop I started thinking, hmmm it may be a little shorter than I'm used to. Brr, I thought, cold legs. Where has my dress gone?

It was the evidence of these photos at lunch time that made me realise that what I had taken for a dress, may in fact be a tunic. A long line shirt even. So, while this may not be the D part of the LBD, it certainly is the L part!

Cardigan is from H&M (of course, in fact have just started direct debiting a percentage of my salary there monthly to save time!), boots Evans and the leggings are from my New Favourite Leggings Shop Ever - Sainsburys. Size 20-22 and fit like a dream and lovely and thick and hard wearing.





2 comments:

  1. I really like the look. Especially with the pop of coral color.

    I doubt I could find any of my LBDs from years past and now, unfortunately, no need. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i like that legging and sweater...

    ReplyDelete