Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fivetake: Last chance saloon... (a study of light and shade)

Fivetake this week is around hats. I don't really like hats. I don't think they suit me that much and I don't really like having things on my head (although years of wearing ice hockey helmets helped me get over that a bit).

This hat was bought as I wanted something to wear in the garden. I hate caps more than normal hats so they weren't an option (they don't hide my ears so they poke out and get sun burnt).

I liked the wide brim, the little detailing and the fact it was £4 from Primark. It now has a slight splattering of black spots from painting my fence. High fashion I ain't.

Ok, the dress. This is from New Look, see here.

I bought it as I have wanted a denim dress for a while, but was unwilling to pay £60 for the Glamourosa ones from Simply Be. This was £22.95.

I like this. The material is thinner denim but good quality and the poppers don't pop of their own accord. It came with a cloth belt, but I think I prefer it with something a bit more structured. It's quite short and this is the 26 and it pulls a little over my boobs. No problem, I just wear it with one more button undone, but it's probably the smallest fitting New Look size 26 I've come across (I'm a 40G so not the largest boobs ever)

I will wear this is winter with boots and long top underneath and I think it will work well. Nice long cardi over the top even.

I think it looks a little bit cowboy with the hat. As for the light and shade, well, blame my photographer and a very early morning sun. Artistic? Not quite!




Dress - New Look
Belt - from a Simply Be pair of trousers
T shirt - H&M
Leggings - Primark
Ballet Flats - Primark


Please visit the other Fivetakers to see how they have styled this look :)







2 comments:

  1. Love the denim dress :) you look cute in a straw hat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress, the hat is cute. i'm not a hat person think my head is plus sized and i always look a lot silly

    ReplyDelete