Sunday 19 February 2012

Tribal Fivetake

Five take is where NicoleRebeccaClaire ,Becky and I all take a theme or item of clothing and wear it in our own way and this week it's Tribal.


I like fashion, don't get me wrong, but it isn't that often that I am very trend-led. It just so happens though that I spotted a scarf in New Look a few weeks ago that was 'tribal' but was also drop-dead fab I thought. So when I discovered the theme for this week I knew this would be the key item.


So...what else? I picked this dress up from H&M and I love the colour but it is slightly too short so I'm wearing it with Beth Ditto jeans. It should be ironed I know, but I really don't iron if possible.


Belt, well this is my project from Primark. Bought two belts and with the help of pliers and superglue made them into one. Very pleased for £4. Not sure it goes with this dress, but it's got a bit of snake skin vibe so it got included. And shoes are also snake skin-ish from Sainsbury's (very comfy!).


Lastly, nothing says tribal like a bit of turquoise ;)


Background's not the most scenic I'm afraid, we really really need to buy new fencing!







 
Hello back fat!




Don't forget to see how the other Fivetake girls have interpreted this look :)





10 comments:

  1. Love how you've taken a more neutral route towards tribal, gives people a less scary way of integrating it into their wardrobes as full on graphic tribal can be a bit daunting. Looking gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I suppose it is quite neutral although I hadn't thought of it that way weirdly enough :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Like Becky mentions, this is a very neutral take on the trend, and I LOVE it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, also LOVE your round up of tribal trends in your latest blog post!

      Delete
  3. I love the fact you are wearing sandles in the middle of winter - you crazy Kiwi!! I like the outfit and I'm so glad that those jeans are getting worn! They look really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well it was sort of warmish in the garden (south facing) but if I was venturing out it would have been in beige suede boots from Next!

      Delete
  4. this is very pretty on you! and I am another non-ironer! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Really love H&M dresses, wearing a blue one today!

      GO the non-ironers!!! LOL

      Delete
  5. love the look, and love the fact its out in the sunshine...very fitting for the tribal look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit but I really love those shoes!

    Moe aka @biggirlblue

    ReplyDelete